Mission & Objectives
To lead, represent and support the specialists who are intrinsic to the success of the organ and tissue donation and transplantation process.
To develop a network of transplantation and donation specialist to enable discussion and exploration of current information, education, professional practices and ethical issues from within their sector.
- To foster communication with local, national and International professional bodies in transplantation and organ donation.
- Provide and maintain guidelines for professionals working within the organ donation and transplantation sectors allowing equitable and transparent systems
- Promote education for specialists
- Forum for beginner presenters
- Representative body to advocate for all staff in the organ and tissue donation and transplant sector.
- To initiate and support relevant nursing research and evidenced-based practice.
- Lead, represent and support the specialists who are intrinsic to the success of the organ and tissue donation and transplantation process.
- Professional representation on relevant standing committees
- Promote education to health care professionals and the public in all areas of transplantation and organ donation.
- Encourage and promote research, continuing education and the dissemination of information.
- Respond to issues affecting the practice of organ and tissue transplantation.
- Liaise with other national and international organisations involved in organ and tissue transplantation.